Materials Planner and Coordinator LV2, Up to $2,000 Signing Bonus
$22 to $24 Hourly
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination will receive a $100 bonus in their first paycheck!
WHO WE ARE
We are a growing battery distributor of a narrow line of automotive, recreation and industrial products, based in New England and serving our customer base throughout the northeast and mid-Atlantic. We operate via multiple branch warehouses and a single larger distribution center, each of which receives truckloads of product direct from manufacturers as well as transfers between each other.
MISSION – PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Materials Planner and Coordinator, along with other members of the team, is responsible for the flow of inventory including purchasing and receiving and associated reconciliations, and transfers between facilities, to ensure that we meet our fulfillment goals for our customers.
- Identify and resolve supply exceptions by expediting purchase orders, re-allocating existing inventory and establishing safety stock parameters.
- Make purchase decisions based on target inventory levels, order fill rates and demand variables.
- Work closely with the company distribution center, branches, customer service, and sales teams to ensure target order fill rates are being met for daily customer orders.
- Monitor receipts and transfers in order to ensure the timely delivery and availability of product in addition to the department’s inventory plan.
- Manage new program introductions from purchase through receipt.
- Ensure product arrives to meet customer dates and specifications.
- Maintain turn rate for each stocked item.
- Manage warranties and consignments.
- New item setup.
- Create and manipulate reports upon request.
- Close coordination with vendors on product line updates and ability to communicate those updates.
- Other duties as necessary
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrate professionalism and the ability to interact with internal and external contacts across all levels of an organization.
- Proficient with MS Office programs with strong Excel knowledge (Vlookup, simple formulas).
- Strong business partnering skills.
- Autonomous, with strong ability to work effectively alone or with a group.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- 5+ years’ experience in a purchasing or logistics role.
- Oracle/Netsuite Experience a plus
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with a great attitude, energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
- Strong work Ethic
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Detail oriented
- Signing and Vaccination bonuses offered for a limited time only
- Bonuses are only applicable to specific job types; additional terms and conditions may apply
- Payouts will occur in installments, and Associates must be employed at the time of payout
Mostly Remote. Passage of pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check is also required. Please include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.