This role is the first line of Revenue Management for both external customers and internal stakeholders and is responsible for daily execution, administration and support of pricing initiatives. The Pricing Margin Manager will interact regularly with NetSuite, our ERP system, to ensure that current and historical pricing data is maintained accurately.
- Perform detailed analysis and auditing of pricing information by customer to ensure that initiatives are properly documented in our systems as well as communicated to key stakeholders.
- Manage front-line pricing, contract pricing, and special onetime pricing in ERP system, while ensuring proper data integrity and resolving any pricing related disputes.
- Support the sales organization by ensuring our products are priced and promoted in a timely manner so we can effectively go to market.
- Develop and maintain necessary systems/procedures to facilitate efficient management of pricing.
- Act as a key point of contact for pricing and communication within the sales organization by collaborating with Leadership Team and the Sales Team.
- Compile pricing information into Excel models and share with internal stakeholders as needed
- Participates in product development pipeline to the degree that similar product pricing history is needed in order to establish the commercial model for a new product offering
- Understand the work performed by the finance team so that projected costs can be combined with pricing modeling to create an accurate margin calculation for any program
- Leverage information from other stakeholders to inform the true realized margin from pricing models going forward including but not limited to customer rebates, cost-of-poor-quality, etc.
- Pricing information that can be used to estimate the elasticity of demand based on pricing changes in any given product or segment of business
- Lead initiatives to drive margin growth, cost recovery of add-on’s (freight, handling, insurance, etc.), and to support continuous improvement in customer profitability
- Minimal travel
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in quantitative discipline such as Economics, Finance, Marketing Research, Math or Statistics or combination of education and equivalent demonstrated experience.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience, preferably in an aspect of pricing in a consumer products goods (CPG) company.
- Strategic pricing experience, with understanding of customer/market segmentation and ability to segment data, identify trends, and create and execute strategies to improve margins.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a regular flow of communications via email and telephone, understand the requests, compile the appropriate response in an appropriate timeframe and provide the correct answer to the requestor. Email and telephone will be the most heavily leveraged communications tools.
- Strong analytical and math skills; demonstrated success solving complex problems and presenting information in a digestible format
- Intermediate-to-Advanced spreadsheets/financial application skills is required, preference for MS Excel.
- Good two-way communication skills are critical in this role. This includes strong listening skills as well as the ability to convey messages clearly to diverse audiences. As the pricing leader, your ability to constructively influence pricing behavior across the company is your key to success.
- Attention to detail is also important in this role as the details are the focus of this position
This position is based in our headquarters in Central Massachusetts. Passage of pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check is also required. Please include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.