New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination will receive a $100 bonus in their first paycheck!
Stored Energy Holdings, Inc. (SEHI) is composed of two of the most well-respected and credible battery distribution brands on the East Coast: Northeast Battery and Tri-State Battery,
We are the region’s largest independent battery distributor. As a team with decades of experience, we solve customer problems with exceptional products and unparalleled service. Our growth is powered by our unwavering belief that our employees come first and by our faith in them to make sure all is right for everyone else. We provide our customers with more than batteries. We strive to deliver a solution to a problem, and we do that with our team of dedicated experts.
We are looking for a multi-faceted Warehouse/Retail Manager for a busy retail and warehousing facility. While managing your team and ensuring our walk-in customers receive the highest level of service, you will also do hands-on work at the retail counter and in the warehouse (some sku’s are heavy so you need to be able to physically handle loads of 60-lbs or more), so it’s critical you have the flexibility and temperament to work side by side with your direct reports. Creativity, initiative, and great decision-making skills are critical, as you’re the leader in this facility, reporting to Operations Management who are located outside the area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Identify & implement process improvements to increase staff efficiency.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized, well-maintained facility
- Ensure a friendly and responsive service experience for walk-in customers
- Maintain an accurate inventory through regular cycle counts
- Train/Coach small staff of 8-12 employees on best practices: customer experience, picking, and packing.
- Staff: set schedules, write & perform reviews, problem resolution.
- Identify trends, anticipate and define problems, and create proactive solutions related to the overall operation of the branch
- Maintain quality standards through ongoing staff training while having the ability to identify potential new process improvements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Outstanding Customer Service skills-you will have direct customer facing interaction & problem resolution. You will set the tone for the team to follow.
- Minimum 5 years of operations related retail and warehousing/distribution experience, including inventory oversight, in branch operations with either big box retail, consumer products, automotive industrial and distribution industries.
- Operational experience with facilities, driver fleets, warehousing, general office, field installations, customer service, sales, technology, vehicle logistics and process background.
- Comfortable planning & scheduling with remote intercompany departments via web interface.
- Excellent time management, multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to assist team members with other projects as needed.
- Experience with multiple location & multiple product businesses is a plus.
- Professionalism without fail, and the ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively & efficiently with all levels of management.
- Ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to work independently – self-starter.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years related work history including proven, progressive management experience.
Computer skills: Must be fluent with computers and MS Office Suite (particularly Excel and Outlook), with experience using computerized ERP/ Inventory systems.
- Signing and Vaccination bonuses offered for a limited time only
- Bonuses are only applicable to specific job types; additional terms and conditions may apply
- Payouts will occur in installments, and Associates must be employed at the time of payout
Salaried position with benefits. Drug-free workplace, valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
Passage of pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check is also required. Please include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
To apply: email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com